Overall Guiding Principles
1. Developing the Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS) is fostered together with volleyball-specific skills.
2. The paramount objective of the Elevate Sports Program is to promote the ‘Active for Life’ philosophy and lifestyle.
3. It is imperative that the curriculum challenges the athletes to strive for excellence. Develop good and correct ‘habits’ in volleyball.
4. NO EARLY SPECIALIZATION. Everyone is encouraged to learn to play ALL positions including setting & libero.
5. Emphasis is placed on long-term athlete development with a vision for the players to succeed in the sport in the future. Winning today is secondary.
Game Themes and Game Principles
The Game Themes and Game Principles are the recurrent situations that players have to resolve in the course of the game that, if not mastered, make it very unlikely that the player will accomplish the objective of the sport. It is about understanding the game so that they can play in any system. For grassroots development in Volleyball we encourage even 2v2 game especially for U12.